Despite Yacht Club’s “intense” efforts to get all versions of the game out on time, unfortunately, the release has now been delayed for certain platforms in particular regions. Here’s the news from Yacht Club’s website:
the following platforms have had their release date adjusted. If you don’t see your platform/region below then assume the release is on time
- 3DS – North America – Fri, December 13th
- 3DS – Europe – Approved, but needs slightly more time to prepare for release.
- Wii U – Europe – Approved, but needs slightly more time to prepare for release.
- PS3 – North America – In final steps of submission.
- PS3 – Europe – In final steps of submission.
- PS4 – Physical: PS4 physical version of Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove has been pushed to early 2020. Note that the update patch for the original release of Shovel Knight on PS4 is still on schedule.
- Amazon FireTV: In final phases of development.
So, the 3DS release in both regions has been delayed. The Wii U version in Europe has also been delayed. Switch owners across all regions are seemingly fine, and so are Wii U owners located in North America. Keep in mind, Shovel Knight Showdown is not coming to the 3DS or PlayStation Vita.
In the same post, Yacht Club revealed the physical release of Treasure Trove would be receiving a patch to iron out some bugs and other issues:
If you are playing the physical game, there will be a 4.0A patch on or near release which addresses a handful of bugs. If you’re playing a digital version of the game, you will likely already be updated to 4.0A. We will provide more detailed patch notes on release.
Tell us in the comments if you’re impacted by this delay.